Time boys and girls for some miscellaneous pieces of information that is two short to justify their own posts.
- After I posted the New 2011 Recruiting lists I was asked about which players did I know that had been offered by the different programs. So I went back and noted the athletes that I have heard have been offered. Again that does not mean other on the lists have not been offered, these are just the guys I heard have.
- Former Grizzly all time great player and former head coach Larry Krystowiak had a couple nice articles written about him last week as he joined Avery Johnson’s coaching staff with the NBA’s New Jersey Nets. You can check them out here and here.
- Former Griz basketball player Austin Swift has signed a two year deal to play professional basketball in Croatia. Swift played two year for the Griz before transferring to Cal Poly Pomona to finish out his college career.
- Former Bobcat women’s player Eric Perry has signed on with Pabellon Ourense basketball team in Spain to play a little European basketball. Perry finished up his senior year last season with the Bobcats
- In my last Odds and Ends column I mentioned that I was told that the University Of Basketball assistant coach Freddie Owens was most likely going to be offered and take the open assistance job at the University of Wisconsin. I had a source in Wisconsin who relayed this information on to me, and I had a source in Missoula who also thought it was true. After talking to my Wisconsin source again it appears that I have quite a bit of egg on my face. Nothing new right! I am now told that Owens has fallen out of the top candidates for the position. It appears that an assistant from Akron is among the leaders along with an assistant from Northern Iowa.