I have some miscellaneous bit of information and news that are a little too short to justify individual post so I thought I would create another Odds and Ends post.
- Former Grizzly all everything and conference player Anthony Johnson has signed a contract to play professional basketball in Greece. Johnson will be playing for DASH Peristeri GS, located in Athens. The Missoulain has a nice article with all the details that you can read here.
- Former Bobcat all conference center Divaldo Mbunga has been selected to play for the Angolan national team in the Turkey World Cup here is a little info on the team.
- Former Helena Capital high school all conference football, basketball, and track athlete and current Boise State true freshman, Matt Miller tore his Achilles’ tendon in his right leg at the on August 20 during football practice. Miller was having a great early season practice for the Bronco’s and there was talk of him making an immediate impact this year. Miller will now miss the entire year while rehabbing. Here is an article from the Helena Independent Record.
- There is a lot of buzz around Missoula and on the internet that current Grizzly assistant Freddie Owens will be leaving Missoula to take an assistant spot at the University of Wisconsin. Owens played his college ball for Wisconsin and is still very well respected their. The Wisconsin job opened up recently assistant Howard Moore left the program. When the position opened up Owens was considered to be a long shot to get the job, because he was viewed as very green. That has changed and he now is considered to be the favorite. Some reports have him already accepting the spot. For the Griz Owens was really starting to come into his own as a recruiter and was opening doors in the Wisconsin prep ranks. While replaceable it could be interesting to see if the Griz can keep the Wisconsin doors open.
- Former Bobcat Basketball small forward Austin Brown has transferred back to a D-2 school near his home town of Flower Mound Texas. He will play for Texas A&M-Commerce and will enter the season as a junior in eligibility. Here is some more info on his transfer.